职场社交英语:你是怎么算薪水的?

进修社 人气:2.78W

      职场社交英语【3--你是怎么算薪水的?】 
  SCENE① C 加州的资讯王达康办公室 
  Zina: How do you get paid? 1) If you don’t mind my asking. 
  吉娜: 你是怎么算薪水的?若你不介意我问的话。 
  Dave: Not cash. But if our 2) launch goes well, my stock options will pay off, big time. 
  戴夫: 不是现金。但要是我们上市的情况很好,我的股票期权可就值大钱了。 
  Zina: And in the meantime, how do you pay the rent? 
  吉娜: 那这段期间你要怎么付房租? 
  Dave: I don’t have to worry about rent. I live right here. 
  戴夫: 我不用担心房租。我就住在这里。 
  Zina: What? In your cubicle? 
  吉娜: 什么?在你的隔间里? 
  Dave: Right here. Me and my PC. Home sweet home. 
  戴夫: 就在这。我和我的个人电脑。甜蜜的家庭。 
  语言详解 
  A: We’re launched a new website. 
  我们推出了一个新网站。 
  B: That’s great. What’s the address? 
  太棒了。网址是什么? 
  【big time 超级,非常】 
  big time是在口语中常常可以听到的短语,用来强调句中程度的高,意即“超级,非常”,可以当做副词用: 
  A:I need to go to the bathroom, big time! 
  我得要上厕所,超急的! 
  B:There’s a toilet over there. Why don’t you go? 
  那里就有厕所。你为什么不去? 
  也可以当做形容词,写做big-time: 
  A:She is a big-time movie producer! 
  她是个大牌的'电影制片! 
  B:Really? Why haven’t I heard of her before then? 
  真的?那怎么我以前从没听说过她? 
  1) If you don’t mind my asking. 若你不介意我问起的话。这是客气的询问句。要注意的是,mind 的后面要接动名词;而若提到是谁问的,则要用所有格。 
  2) launch (n., v.) 事业登场,投入市场

职场社交英语:你是怎么算薪水的?